Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Thanksgiving Fudge is Gone

I had a delightful Thanksgiving.  Ate with nice people.  The turkey was moist, and cooked enough (yay for those bags you put the turkey in).  Glad I bought a "real" pan for the turkey instead of the usual flimsy foil thing that bends in the middle, and gushes hot turkey grease all over the counter and fingertips.  Sometimes, it pays to pay a little more.

Lori bought this incredible fudge - it was creamy and yummy.  I sliced miniscule pieces, but ate a thousand or so of them - worth every flavory bite.  Mmmmm.  Kinda reminded me of when Dave and I bought some fudge from Disneyland, many moons ago.

Today Dave reminded all of us of the importance of having solid doctrine (God's Word), and keeping God in our personal lives.  Excellent, and challenging.

I made a phone call that I have been putting off for about 3 weeks.  It turned out to be absolutely delightful.  3 weeks of unnecessary fretting/procrastinating.  After the call, I felt feathery in my spirit.  Ahhhh.

Wonderful, incredible Art Show by Hillary after church.  She's a talented and lovely lady who loves Jesus.  

Fun meal with delightful lifelong friends.

Another incredible person helped us tremendously today, involving physical labor.  He came quickly and willingly, and loaned his expertise.  I am grateful.

Praying for S, R, K, J, D, and many others.  How does God keep track of everyone?  Yet  -  He does.

Thankful for the kindness of someone who gave toward a need in the body, and didn't even know of the circumstances.  

Sorry to miss hubby and son performing music together tonight in La Jolla; but my plate of "things to do" is overflowing.  So proud of both of them.

Three deaths in the lives of three friends this week.  May God's comfort be felt.

Being careful that sorrows do not overshadow the incredible freedom and hope and joy I have in Christ.  I have so much to be thankful for.   ;-)

My we live to ever love and serve the King.



1 comment:

Anna {ramblyblog.com} said...

You write so beautifully Auntie, even in capturing everyday circumstances. I find that these are the best times to glorify the Lord...for if we can't do this, we will never be able to in the chaos. :)
Love you so.